Since we just posted our winner for this week on the topic of Self Portraits, let’s expand on that by giving you a Creative Nonfiction contest to submit to in August!
- In their own words: “The Diana Woods Memorial (DWM) Award in creative nonfiction was established in Diana’s memory by her family, friends, and the Antioch University Los Angeles MFA community. DWM serves as a special opportunity for authors worldwide to be published in the literary journal Lunch Ticket.”
- Genres they accept: Creative nonfiction
- Word count limit: 5,000
- Number of Entries I can submit: One per reading period.
- Entry Fee: None!
- Prize: The winning submissions will be published in Lunch Ticket and the recipient will receive $250. One author will be chosen for the Summer/Fall issue of Lunch Ticket and one in the Winter/Spring issue.
- Schedule: The next reading period is the month of August for the issue that publishes in December. They open again in February for the issue that publishes in June. (So check out the published entries next month and work on your piece to submit in August!)
Lunch Ticket lists all their submission guidelines on their website, and their Submittable portal reopens again in August for the contest and other writing submissions.